Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Orlando Calling!! What a Weekend!!

     This past weekend was incredible for me. I had the privilege of attending Orlando's very first music festival! Orlando Calling was not only Orlando's first festival, but also mine! I had a BLAST!! I truly felt as though I was a part of history in the making! It was an excellent concert with many acts thats that I was introduced to. The first day I attended, I was just a participant in the festivities. It was fantastic!!

The first act I saw was rapper Kid Cudi. He had an excellent show! I must admit, I didn't know all of his songs that he performed, but I was clapping and screaming like I did! The crowd wasn't as packed as I expected because it was so early,but he still pulled it off.

Kid Cudi was the first to perform on the main stage but there were several bands that were outside of the stadium on different stages. There were 5 stages in all. I would have to say, besides the main stage, some of the most incredible acts were on this small stage in the front area of the festival. There is were I was introduced to two great bands. LeBlorr was a suttle mix between Wolfmother and some other band that I cant put a name with. They were excellent and the great thing about that was that they all had albums that were available on iTunes! LeBlorr was good, but I was completely BLOWN AWAY at this chick named Kaleigh Baker!! I just so happened to be walking aimlessly around the festival, until I heard this shriek of a voice coming from the small stage. She was like a mix between Janis Joplin and Ann Wilson of Heart! Absolutely incredible!!!.



I then ventured off into the festival where I saw acts such as Gavin Degraw, The Roots, and many more. But it was time for the main show! The Killers were FANTASTIC!! They truly killed it in every sense of the word. I was a little disappointed that they haven't updated their set list, because the same set list they used for another festival, 'Hard Rock Calling'. They still blew me away though. Brandon Flowers is an excellent frontman and their live playing was top par. I was truly entertained by that show!!

The next day I attended the festival not as an audience member, but as a volunteer. I must say it was an incredible experience! I love networking and meeting new people and thats basically what my job was. I was a VIP attendant and my job was to make sure everyone was having a good time and to help them get assistance with anything that they needed. I enjoyed doing it. I met a lot of unique people that day and I would definitely do it again if the opportunity arises. It was truly an awesome experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment