Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Business Plan Experts

     I have been working on my business plan for about 9 months now. I have devised a plan that allows for me to open up a live music venue that caters to unsigned, local acts. The focus of this place is to not only serve as a platform for artists to present their music to their fans, but it also serves as a place where these artists can come and hone their skills by utilizing the venue as a rehearsal space. These past few months I have really been buckling down on the core values of my business. For this blog we were asked to research business plan experts and what were there views on the world of business.
     The first person I chose to highlight was Mark Cuban. He is from Pittsburg, PA, which is hometown to alot of my family. Mark Cuban is the owner of the Dallas Mavericks, Landmark Theatres, and handful of other businesses including the world of technology (IMDb.com). According to Mark, when it comes to reviewing business plans for potential investments there are a few things that he looks for. "The track record of the person opening the business will tell you alot, along with the financials of the business, if there are any". I agree with this statement because if the person is shady, then so will there business be. Also, if that business isnt making any money, then why would one invest in it? For more info on Mark Cuban click here.
     The second person I chose to highlight was Chuck Blakeman, head of Crankset Group. I chose to highlight him because of his unconventional style. He believes that one shouldnt waste time preparing and preparing for a business, but that they should tackle it head on, as soon as the idea is presented. He firmly believes that if there are any changes that need to be made, then tweak them on the way. According to him, "the key to success is the speed of execution" (Blakeman, 2011). I would have to agree with this, seeing as though so many businesses get buried in the process of planning. Sometimes you just have to go for it. For more info on Blakeman, click here

   

No comments:

Post a Comment