Thursday, September 1, 2011

Long Live The Industry!!!!

A couple of weeks ago during class, I remember feeling as though I was an ancient dinosaur when I was the only one who actually admitted to buying physical albums, not digitally. The class tried to sway me to go digital and I still refuse. My personal thought is that by buying an album from iTunes is cool, but I'd much rather buy the physical album and upload it manually to my iTunes, than just paying $9.99 for basically, a file. Another reason is that I like to add to my MASSIVE collection. I have a huge briefcase that holds 264 albums, and I've just about filled it up, especially after yesterday.

So lets get to the Music!!

First of all, one album that I had been waiting for was the highly anticipated follow-up to Lil Wayne's 2008 masterpiece The Carter III. The album, The Carter IV is a nice album, but I think artists mess up when they try to continue something they've already perfected. This album lacks the passion, tenacity, and creativity of the now classic Carter III. I personally feel as though Wayne should have named this album something else other than another Carter. That trilogy was perfect, 4 is a crowd.

Another album that I was personally waiting for was the new album from The Red Hot Chilli Peppers. I'm With You is their first album in 6 years. Like Lil Wayne, this album is another follow-up to a classic. Stadium Arcadium is widely considered their greatest album ever. How do you top that? Alot of artist fall under the "follow-up spell" and usually make an album exactly like the last one or they go in a completely different direction, leaving their fans like, "Huh"? The result is usually bleak, like the one we see above, yet the Chilli Peppers have seem to overcome this stigma. With the release of I'm With You, the Peppers have returned to form, giving us their unique blend of punk-funk that we all have grown to know and love.

Lastly, one of my favorite artists Lenny Kravitz is BACK!! Lenny is one of my favorite rock artists, and he, like the Peppers have released an album that you can tell he put alot of heart and soul into. The album is Black And White America, and it is rockin! Lenny has been a rock icon and an inspiration to me and many other for years, and this album proves why. Rich with soulful groovy ballads, and riff-heavy rockers, this album is definitely gonna be in heavy rotation on my handy-dandy iPod!

As you can see above, I bought way more than three albums, but these three are all the most current. Actually, they were all releases this past Monday. By the way, when did release dates change from Tuesday to Monday? For more reviews or to purchase music for yourself, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment